I wouldn't go as far as to call him the best athlete ever...he's the greatest swimmer ever tho.
Printable View
I wouldn't go as far as to call him the best athlete ever...he's the greatest swimmer ever tho.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't go as far as to call him the best athlete ever...he's the greatest swimmer ever tho. </div></div>
Why wouldn't you? I mean no one has done what hes done ever!
How about a compromise.......
"The Greatest Olympian of all Time!"
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xknight52</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't go as far as to call him the best athlete ever...he's the greatest swimmer ever tho. </div></div>
Why wouldn't you? I mean no one has done what hes done ever! </div></div>
my opinion you CAN NOT compare apples and oranges. you can debate who the best football player is by position or the best basketball player but can you really compare the two? in my book not really. who is to say that Jordan was a better athlete than Barry Sanders or that Magic was better than Jim Brown. there is no way to compare what they did in different sports.
MIchael Phelps is the greatest swimmer of all time - most would say yes but I think that should be enough. He is great, a fantastic athlete and we know he can out swim any football, baseball, baskteball player out there but they could also make him look like a 10 year old in their chosen sport.
One more thing to remember is that Phelps didn't win every time he swam in the olympics. he did just enough to get by some and then he won the "majors" if you want to say. it isn't like he went undefeated and I know that was the plan but hey.....
Some good womens VB on NBC right now, I am sorry to say it isnt beach but they look pretty good hah...good match on though
And the Americans send Poland home
No one's ever done what Lance Armstrong has done either (7 Tour de France), or passed for what Brett Favre has, or hit as many homers as Barry Bonds has....but olympic medals and trophies in no way shape or form make any of these athletes the greatest ever. Hell, I doubt Phelps could even beat post injury Bo Jackson in a foot race, but he could probably swim circles around him....but since when did swimming designate someone the greatest athlete?..this whole thread is asinine.
Actually Matasuro Oh has hit more professional homers that Barry Bonds. :P
So I guess now he's the greatest athlete of all time...lol...he didn't hit his off MLB pitchers tho...I'm still wonderin, since Phelps is now the greatest athlete, does that mean Spitz was the greatest athlete ever until now??...lol...that's there is funny.